What would you do if you won the Powerball jackpot? I know I would quickly make my self debt free and pay off some hefty student loans. In all honestly, it is estimated that most of us would probably retire, pay down debt, make sure the kids are financially secure, buy a house (the Playboy Mansion is on the block folks!) and maybe even start traveling the world.
Did you know you could also use the $1.4 billion to take over some pretty well-known publicly traded companies? Now we realize that taxes need to come out of the winnings but hey…just like winning the lottery, this is a what if situation…so humor us.
All these companies all have a market value of less than $1.4 billion. So start dreaming big! You could be a mogul!
- Avon (AVP): $1.2 billion
- La-Z-Boy (LZB): $1.1 billion.
- U.S. Steel (X): $1 billion.
- Select Comfort (SCSS): $1 billion. (those are the Sleep Number people)
- Pep Boys (PBY): $999 million.
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR): $972 million. (show Trump you can run a casino better than him!)
- KB Home (KBH): $928 million.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB): $812 million.
- Lands’ End (LE): $750 million. (That’s a lot of sweaters, gloves and hats!)
- Crocs (CROX): $672 million. (I am not a lover of the Crocs but they do have a cult following)
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): $662 million. (You’ll have a lot of free time as the worlds latest billionaire so sit back drink coffee and read books forever.)
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): $585 million. (we totally miss George Zimmer! You could bring him back!)
Heck with some of these, you could buy the company and still have cash left for the Playboy Mansion!